Thursday 18 August 2011

I'm going to Laaaandon to buy a.....ticket for The Tate Britain exhibition..? :)

I'm going to an exhibition called The Vorticists: Manifesto for a Modern World at the Tate Britain. The artists of this movement which started in around 1914 use lots of block shapes and angles and bright bold colours that appeal to me when I have seen them at other exhibitions so I'm going to have a look.


It finishes on the 4 Sept for anyone who wants to go :)
Trying to find out what else I can go and see while I'm down in London and have come across a fab looking exhibition at V&A but it starts after I go..just my luck. Its called Post-modernism: Style and Subversion 1970-1990 and looks amazing!

http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/postmodernism/postmodernism-about-the-exhibition/

Grace Jones in a maternity dress designed by Jean-Paul Goude and Antonio Lopez 1979
It starts on the 24th September - 15th January :)

Print and Design Now!! 2011
12 Cardinal Walk, Roof Garden Level, Cardinal Place, London
Lots of graduate and young upcoming designer work :)

Tracey Emin: Love is what you want
Hayward Gallery
til' 29th August

Thomas Struth
Whitechapel Gallery
til' 16th September
(Photography)

Miro
Tate Modern
til' 11th Sept

Here's a link to a great video about Joan Miro :)
http://channel.tate.org.uk/media/1069244313001

If I've got time, I think I'll go to Miro, The Vorticists and either Thomas Struth or Print and Design Now...depending on which is easier to reach. I'm not always sure about Tracey Emin's work, it's good but very personal to her, so I can learn less from her stuff I guess.

Just found a Louise Gardiner exhibition at Quarry Bank MIll in Styal (til' 11th September) which is right near my grammas house so I'll go and explore that next weekend :) She mainly focuses on embroidery on canvases to create these stitched illustrations. I like her work because she uses unusual colour ways including neons :) I'll post some photos up if I can x

Excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment